Places of interest this Summer
1. Prees Heath for Silver Studded Blue in early June
2. Prestbury Hill, Chalkhill Blue , Dark Green Frittilary
3. Hartelbury Common, Emperor Moth and dragon flies May and June
Birds in flight
1. Gringin Farm, Rhayarda, Wales. Feeds at 2 o’clock usually 300 birds.
2. Birds of Prey Center, Newent, Glos. Good vista for flying at 10 o’clock then every 2 hrs.
3.Batsford Arboretum, Glos. Hawks, Owls in flight. Best in autumn as you can see the trees in colour at the same time.
1. Slimbridge, Glos ducks, geese with young
2. Pensthorpe, Norfolk, great day out, good for the rarer water birds all in pens and you are in there with them. May & June.
3. Cotswold Wildlife Park, some great animal shots to be had
4. Glos Becon Hill Woods, Trench Woods, Aslough Woods, great for bluebells etc.
5. Off the beaten track road to side of pub at Hook Norton, great poppy sites up the grass track.