The following are the details of the operation of our sales table on certain Tuesday evenings. Members can bring items that they wish to sell and/or buy items others are selling.
ELIGIBLE GOODS – Any photography related item, whether it be brand new or previously used.
- PRICING/LABELLING – Every item must be priced and labelled by the seller, with the following minimum information.
a) The price you wish to receive for the item (I suggest we stick to round pounds to avoid the need for small change)
b) A brief description of the item (in case the label gets detached)
c) Any known defects or missing parts if not immediately obvious on inspection
d) Your nameBelow are two versions of a form for you to complete when bringing items for sale.
This can be placed on the table near your item and the purchaser can then complete their details.
Please ensure items are labeled clearly with price and name of person selling.
I will be on hand near the table but there will also be a box on the table for your payments.
Click on this link to access a PDF version of this form.
Click on this link to access an Excel version of this form.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A DONATION OF 10% OF THE SALE PRICE WILL BE DUE TO BPS
- SELLING – I will be happy to operate the table for members, however I prefer members to sell their own items, especially if the items require a degree of technical information to be passed on to prospective buyers. (Whenever possible, please provide instruction manuals etc if relevant)
- FREQUENCY – To begin with the table will be set-up approximately once per month on our STUDIO and TECHNICAL evenings, where we anticipate the table can be ‘open’ for longer periods. Dates as listed below.
Technical nights (2016/17)
4th October, 1st November, 29th November, 7th March, 4th April, and 23rd May.
Studio nights (2016/17)
8th November, 20th December, 24th January, 14th March and 30th May
(All subject to change if deemed necessary)
‘OPENING’ TIMES – I will set-up a table towards the rear of the hall, at approximately 19:45 on the above evenings. This will allow both early group attendees and other members, to place goods for sale and look for items to buy, before the official proceedings start. The table will also be open during our mid-evening breaks. However, especially during Studio Nights, the table can remain ‘open for business’ all evening, as not all members will be engaged in the activities at the same time. Other times may be suitable at the Committee’s discretion.
NO SELLING/BUYING WILL BE ALLOWED DURING ANY FORMAL PART OF THE EVENINGS WHEN ALL MEMBERS ARE SEATED or WHEN ALL MEMBERS ARE BEING ADDRESSED BY A SPEAKER.
- UNSOLD GOODS – Any unsold items must be taken home on the same night, as no safe storage is available at the hall.
THE BPS COMMITTEE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE THE SALE OF INAPPROPRIATE ITEMS AND THE COMMMITTEE’S DECISION IS FINAL ON ANY MATTER RELATED TO THIS ACTIVITY.
- If you have any queries or comments on the above, please contact me .
Jan Harris the Google Groups email.
In memory of the late John Dignum who set up the first sales tables.